How to import/export an entire database in your control panel using phpMyAdmin
Is there a way for me to copy an entire database in cPanel?
Yes. In order to copy/export your database, follow these instructions:
- Log into your control panel and under the database section, click phpMyAdmin
- On the left, click on the database that you want to export
- Click Export in the top navigation
- Leave all the settings as they are, and click the “go” button
- This will download a .sql file to your computer
How can I import a database?
- Create a new database in your control panel under the database section
- Then click on phpMyAdmin
- Click the new database name that you created in the left hand menu
- Click Import in the top navigation menu
- Browse for the .sql file on your local computer and click Go
Note: phpMyAdmin might timeout after 30 seconds of attempting to import.